While we love to help people get into a new machine, we really love it when those machines last 10-15 years. As such, we’re happy to send you reminders of when and how to complete the necessary maintenance on your espresso machine and grinder.
To get started, we recommend doing a full clean.
First, here are the tools / supplies you will need:
- Grouphead brush. We like this one from Pallo, but any hard bristled brush will work as well.
- Blind Basket for your portafilter.
- Full Circle / Cafiza Espresso Cleaner, or similar
- Flathead screwdriver for E61 Machines (ECM, Profitec, Quick Mill), Phillips head for Saturated (A53, La Marzocco, Slayer)
If it has been 6 months since a full clean, you will also need:
Next – here are instructions for completing the cleaning:
- For instructions on cleaning your E61 grouphead machine (M58, Synchronika, etc), click here.
- For instructions on cleaning your Saturated grouphead machine, click here.
If your machine is more than 6 months old, we also recommend completing the following 3 steps:
- Test your water (Very, very important to preserve the life of your machine. Almost all machine failures in the first 5 years are a result of poor water quality)
- Clean your grinder
- Clean your steam wand
Once you are done, you can sign up here with whichever email address you would like to receive the emails:
This will trigger a series of emails to remind you to complete this preventative maintenance when necessary. We will send you an email about every 6-8 weeks. If it’s too much, you can unsubscribe at any time.