How to Clean and Disassemble Eureka Mignon Espresso Grinders
Cleaning your grinder should not be overlooked! In this guide, we'll show you the steps for a monthly or every two months (depends on use) cleaning to keep your Eureka Mignon espresso grinder in tip-top shape. These steps will apply to all grinders in the Eureka Mignon line including but not limited to the Specialita, Silenzio, Brew Pro, Filtro, Libra, and Oro XL.
Tools You'll Need
- #2 phillips screwdriver
- #1 phillips screwdriver
- Pallo brush or something similar
- Soft Bristle brush or toothbrush
- Towel (we use mircofiber)
- Vacuum with hose attachment (any domestic vacuum will work)
Remove the Hopper
- Clean with soap and water. DO NOT put in the dishwasher. Wipe dry with a microfiber towel.
Clean the Grind Chamber
- Turn the grinder upside down and gently shake to remove all loose beans from the grind chamber.
Remove Eureka Emblem
- The Eureka crest (located on the top rear panel of the grinder) will detach by gently pulling on its sides. Remove and set aside.
- Use a #2 phillips screwdriver to remove the screw with good technique. Make sure the screwdriver is fully seated in the screw. Push and turn. Set the screw aside.
Remove the Top Plate
- Pull the top plate of the grinder off by lifting up to access the burr chamber.
Remove Top Burr
- Using a #2 phillips screwdriver, remove the three screws that hold the top burr in place. Set screws aside.
- Remove top burr carrier.
Clean the Inside of the Grinder
- Using a brush, shake all grounds loose.
- Vacuum all grounds from the burr chamber.
- Clear the grinder chute by using either a bristle brush, or something like a zip tie or dental pick to break up any coffee grounds jammed inside the chute.
- Vacuum again to remove loose grounds.
- Using a bristle brush, clean the top burr (don't forget the sides!).
- Attach top burr and secure with its three original screws.
- Attach the top plate and secure with the screw on the back of the grinder.
- Attach the Eureka crest.
- Place the clean hopper back on the grinder.
- We recommend running Grindz cleaner through your grinder weekly as preventive maintenance.
- Cleaning the inside of the grinder with the steps above can be done every 1 to 2 months.
See the full article and more tech tips in our Knowledge Base.