Clive is an incredibly fast-paced, entrepreneurial company at the forefront of the thriving espresso-at-home market. We are coffee lovers, enthusiasts, and educators with a passion for making cafe-quality espresso accessible for everyone. Primarily an online retailer providing best-in-class customer experience, Clive also owns and operates a house brand of equipment called LUCCA, a coffee subscription business called Mistobox, as well as an in-house coffee school. We love what we do and have a tight-knit, flexible, family-like culture. We have great benefits, including health, dental, 401K, and stock-ownership plans. We’re the total package.
Are you looking to be a part of a large development team to focus and hone one specific area of expertise for one final product? No? Great! Then keep reading.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you will be a tightly integrated part of the team working on various projects. The more we grow, the more fun and diverse development projects become (e-commerce projects, connecting SaaS, IoT projects, mobile apps, and more). You'll work closely with team members to identify and execute ideal solutions for the problem at hand. Once identified, you can be counted on to implement that solution and not be micro-managed. You should have a passion for creating a good customer experience. You jump at the opportunity to tackle a new project, even if it requires learning a new platform or technology.
Who you are
- You are a kind, non-ego-driven individual who will work collaboratively with the entire team, but in particular, marketing, customer experience, and development teams to help gather requirements and offer suggestions/ideas.
- You embrace challenges and do not compromise on building great consumer experiences.
- You can work with deadlines and can be flexible with changing priorities.
- You strive for simplicity in solutions and code.
- You have strong opinions and can communicate them well. You also hear all sides of a debate and adapt to new perspectives that emerge from it.
- Responsible for all development needs, including but not limited to: e-commerce websites, web applications, API integrations, mobile app development, and IoT.
- Experience and knowledge of various platforms, frameworks, and libraries. Understanding the pros and cons of choosing the best solution for the requirements.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Can confidently work with APIs to create integrations between 3rd party services.
- Responsible for version control (Github) and command-line tools (build, deploy).
- Advanced to expert experience with e-commerce theme development customizations through APIs (Shopify Plus, Magento).
- Backend development: PHP (Magento), NodeJS (Express)
- Proficient working with MongoDB (indexing, query optimization)
- Proficient with Redis and working with asynchronous task queues
- Keep an eye and continued improvement on SEO and page speed scores.
- Excitement for our current toolkit: NodeJS/Express, Firebase, Google CloudSQL, Google MemoryStore, Google IoT Core, Algolia, Vue
Reports to: Director of Development and Web
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent Position
Location: Portland, OR or Remote
Benefits: PTO, Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance, 401(k) match, great product discounts, amazing coffee, work-from-home flexibility, casual-dress work environment
To take the next step, please email your cover letter, resume, work examples and a little about your interest in working at Clive.