Clive is an incredibly fast-paced, entrepreneurial company at the forefront of the thriving espresso-at-home market. We are coffee lovers, enthusiasts, and educators with a passion for making cafe-quality espresso accessible for everyone. Primarily an online retailer providing best-in-class customer experience, Clive also owns and operates a house brand of equipment called LUCCA, a coffee subscription business called Mistobox, as well as an in-house coffee school. We love what we do and have a tight-knit, flexible, family-like culture.
Human Resources is the glue of any well-run organization. They are the representation of Clive Coffee to our employees and the outside world. We are looking for an HR professional who is eager to get things done at a small, rapidly growing company. The best candidate would be confident in their HR knowledge and would be excited to dive into the details on day one.
This position is estimated at 25 hours per week and required to be in-office most of the time in central eastside Portland, Oregon. Working hours are flexible between 8:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Areas of Responsibility & Accountability:
[80%] Recurring Work:
- [50%] Manage Employment Life Cycle: create or review job descriptions, post and manage job listings, recruit candidates, perform phone screens, coordinate interviews, offers, terms of employment, onboarding, and coordinate training. Engage in initial check ins, support development and promotional goals. Provide offboarding support, and conduct exit interviews.
- [12%] Perform bi-monthly payroll for 40+ hourly and salary employees
- [6%] Manage employee benefits programs: health insurance, 401k, PTO, and other fringe benefits
- [<5%] Coordinate company functions & meetings including virtual or in-person happy hours, and holiday-related events
- [<5%] Manage resources used by employees: software, hardware, tools, and equipment
- [<5%] General office management: manage building access and security, maintain cleaning schedule and services, manage building maintenance/repair, restock office supplies and snacks, and facilitate requisition of other resources for two work locations
- [<5%] Perform HR Administration: unemployment claims, managing payroll tax accounts in seven states, 401k rollovers, filing, scanning
[20%] Project Work:
- Coordinate office updates and manage small project budget
- Maintenance of HRIS and employee files
- Maintain & communicate workplace health and safety, including COVID protocol, return-to-work policy, OSHA compliance
- Manage semi-annual review processes and ad-hoc employee surveys
- Coordinate annual employee swag refresh and distribution
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of HR and payroll experience, 5+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Experience managing outside vendors for office-related work
- Ability to drive for work related errands, valid driver’s license
- A high level of diplomacy, tact, and judgment as well as an upbeat and positive attitude
- Ability to surface issues and handle sensitive information in an efficient and professional manner
- Superior organizational skills with a high quality of accuracy and attention to detail in both written and verbal communications
- Ability to learn new skills quickly, work and be flexible with deadlines, solve problems effectively, and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to be proactive and self-directed while working professionally in a team environment to resolve issues and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated a high level of proficiency in an online environment with an ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Pay Range : $25-35 per hour
- Shift: 5 hours per day, Monday through Friday (~25 hours per week)
- Reports to: CFO
- Supervisory responsibility: No
- Job Type: This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position
- Location: 50%+ in-office, with remote flexibility
- Location: Portland, OR
- Vaccination Required
- Benefits: Not eligible for health insurance due to part-time status. Other benefits include product discounts, specialty coffee onsite, a relaxed dress code, and a dog-friendly office.
To take the next step, please email your cover letter, resume, and a little about your interest in working at Clive.