The Accountant position is an integral part of the daily operations of Clive. We are looking for someone who has a passion for systems. For creating order out of chaos. A person whose idea of a good time is creating a spreadsheet and organizing data! This person must be highly self-motivated and able to juggle multiple tasks while maintaining focus.
Areas of Responsibility & Accountability:
- AP: enter POs, match invoices to POs, code to proper accounts, facilitate approval, cut and mail checks
- AP: manage wire payments to international vendors and monitor optimal Euro trading time
- Record banking transactions daily of ACH deposits and expenses
- AR: Perform audit of sales and purchases transactions between QBO and inventory management system
- Review cash receipts weekly and make monthly bank deposits.
- Perform Month-End closing procedures; including reconciling multiple accounts and the inventory system with QBO
- Maintain historical records, and manage Clive’s organizational system in Google Drive
- Manage inventory cycle counts and maintain accurate inventory valuation
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll, including auditing time cards and managing benefits
Since we’re a relatively small company, this job also has some small administrative components as well:
Administrative Assistance (10%)
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to: filing, scanning, mail distribution
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment as needed.
- Run errands as needed.
- 2+ years of Accounting experience, 3+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Associates Degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in QuickBooks (preferred experience with QuickBooks Online), Excel, and Mac OS
- Experience working with integrated CRM or Inventory and Accounting systems
- Self-starter with a keen desire to learn and grow
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks with accuracy, strong written and verbal communication skills, and a keen sense of urgency and problem-solving skills
Reports to: Controller
Supervisory responsibility: No
Job Type: This is a full-time/permanent position
Benefits: 2 Weeks PTO/sick time, Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance after 30 days, 401(k) after 3 months.
Location: Portland, Oregon
To take the next step, please email [email protected] with a resume and a little about your interest in working at Clive.