Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine
2017 Specialty Coffee Association Product of the Year. Are we skeptical of automatic espresso machines? Yes. Do we love the Breville Touch? Yes. As the only automated machine we carry – the Touch offers an incredible amount of smart, intuitive features that automate grinding, dosing, tamping, and steaming, while still allowing manual mode. The added touchscreen allows for custom programming of your favorite drinks, resulting in consistent quality drinks at home.
In stock, ships same day before 2:00pm PST.
- Spouted Portafilter
- Shot Glass
- Craft of Espresso Book
- Microfiber Towel
30-day "love it"
Give us a call
with our staff
In The Press
I’ve paid nearly as much for cars, but for those who are able to plunk down $2,500 on an espresso maker, Breville has created an outstanding machine.
Until now you have been asked to choose between a manual and an automatic.The Oracle is the world’s first automatic manual espresso machine that brings true café quality to your home without the barista. The Oracle has automatic grinding, dosing, tamping and milk texturing, automating the two most difficult parts of manual espresso.The hands free automatic grind, dose and tamp works with the integrated conical burr grinder to deliver the required amount of coffee, mess free, into the filter basket. The automatic milk texturing then textures milk to the selected temperature and style, from silky smooth latte (less texture) to creamy cappuccino (more texture). Finally, the innovative One Touch Americano feature delivers a double espresso, then separately through a dedicated spout, fills the cup with hot water, the same way as any good café.At the heart of the Oracle are its dual stainless steel boilers and patent pending triple heat system. The Oracle has a dedicated espresso boiler with PID technology to extract the espresso shot to within +/- 2°F (1°C) of the selected temperature. The Oracle also has a dedicated steam boiler to deliver instant and continuous steam on demand. You can extract espresso and texture milk simultaneously, allowing you to capture the delicate aromatics of the espresso in your coffee by having the espresso and milk ready at the same time.The Oracle also features an Over Pressure Valve (OPV) as well as a true low pressure pre-infusion, which gradually increases the pressure to gently expand the grinds for an even extraction.
- Breville mini knock box
- Single and double wall filter baskets
- Coffee scoop
- Stainless steel frothing pitcher
- Cleaning disc and tablets
- Cleaning tool
- Allen key
- Water filtration system
- Model #BES990BSS1BUS1.
- Stainless-steel conical burrs maximize the ground coffee surface area for full espresso flavor.
- Programmable shot temperature for optimal espresso flavor depending on coffee origin and degree of roast.
- Commercial stainless-steel portafilter.
- Low-pressure pre-infusion of the puck for even extraction.
- Electronic PID temperature control ensures precise water temperature for optimal flavor.
- Consistent 9-bar extraction pressure with Italian-made pumps.
- Cool-touch steam wand with integrated temperature sensor.
- Automatic purge removes residual milk from steam wand.
- Manual milk texturing also available.
- Two boilers allow simultaneous milk texturing and espresso extraction.
- Heated cup-warming tray on top.
- Dedicated "hot" water outlet for preparing Americano coffee and preheating cups.
- Programmable auto-start and auto-off.
- Removable drip tray with Empty Me indicator.
- Drop down swivel foot lifts the machine upwards for easy one hand maneuverability on the countertop.
- Breville Assist Plug features a finger-hole for easy removal from power outlet.
- Automatic cleaning and descaling cycles.
- Brushed stainless-steel body.
- Includes stainless-steel milk jug and 1- and 2-cup filter baskets.
- Made in China.
- Programmable hands-free milk texturing with automatic purge
- Programmable shot temperature from 190°-205°F. Displays in either °F or °C
The reservoir is the water tank an espresso machine pulls water from to fill its boilers. Having a reservoir means a machine can be more portable and work in homes where plumbing isn't an option.
Saturated Group Head
Saturated group heads are essentially surrounded by an extended section of the boiler. This means they warm up much faster than E61 group heads and hold a specified temperature more precisely.
These machines are built from the ground up with the home barista in mind. They span a wide range of needs but what they all have in common is a focus on creating a great user experience in a footprint that will fit on your counter, and look great there too.
Dedicated temperature controlled boilers for brewing and steaming means both functions can happen simultaneously, with the additional advantage of fine tunability. Sour and bitter espresso flavors can be minimized by raising or lowering brew temperature, resulting in a smoother shot. Adjusting the temperature of the steam boiler can increase or decrease the amount of steam power to suit different drink size milk drinks.
Vibratory pumps are the most common design in compact espresso machines, because they’re durable, compact and economical. Although they’re a bit louder than rotary pumps, when adjusted to proper 9 bar brew pressure vibratory pumps offer comparable espresso quality.
PID Temperature Control
PIDs allow the most precise temperature adjustment and control of boilers by continuously calculating the amount of power needed to maintain the target temperature. They also allow more detailed information to be displayed to the user than digital temperature controlled systems.
Volumetric programming gives the option of precisely dispensing a desired amount of liquid with the push of a button. For example, the double shot button can be programmed for a double shot, and the single shot button can be programmed for a 1oz rinsing flush.
Shot timers measure the brew time from the time the pump is activated. This information is extremely helpful for dialing in an espresso grinder to the ideal 25 second 1.5oz shot, and maintaining consistency.
- Width: 14.5"
- Depth: 17"
- Height: 17.75"
- Weight: 35 lbs.
- Steam boiler: 1800 Watts
- Group boiler: 1800 Watts
- Water tank: 2.5L Removable
- Voltage: 110V
- Warranty: Two years through Breville