Izzo Alex Duetto IV Espresso Machine
This espresso machine is solidly built and aesthetically pleasing and we also find it to be the perfect choice for those wanting the classic look and feel of a small cafe in Rome or Milan.
Stock available, ships within 48 hours.
- Spouted Portafilter
- Shot Glass
- Craft of Espresso Book
- Microfiber Towel
- Extended Warranty
30-day "love it"
Give us a call
with our staff
This Izzo Alex Duetto IV provides large boiler capacity, plumb-in or water reservoir options, pre-infusion, E-61 grouphead, and PID controlled temperature stability. The Duetto is powerful enough to use in an office setting, but small enough to be perfectly at home in your kitchen. Because it is a double boiler espresso machine, the Duetto IV is a wonderful tool for both traditional espresso and milk based drink building, and the quiet rotary pump will not make its presence known. We think this machine is especially handsome when combined with our optional custom wood upgrades, the Clive bottomless portafilter and 58mm tamper.
NOTE: Before turning on your Alex Duetto IV you will need to remove the shell and reconnect the capillary tube! We disconnect them during our bench testing to avoid damages in shipping. If you have any questions please give us a call before placing your order.
- Single spouted commercial grade portafilter
- Double spouted commercial grade portafilter
- Single basket
- Double basket
- Blind basket
- Stainless steel base 58mm tamper
- 4 different style tips (1- 2 hole, 2- 4 hole,1-5 hole)
- Cleaning brush
- 15 amp converter cord
- Two-year parts and labor provided by the United States importer and Clive Coffee
- New: Inversion of the motor position: The Motor has been installed over the pump
- New: Pump adjustable from outside, adjust the pump without New: disassembling the machine
- New: NEW PID with shot timer integrated
- New: Boilers with drain plug
- New: Heating Elements access, change heating elements without disassembling the machine
- New: Internal Gicler in stainless steel
- New: Mushroom in stainless steel
- No-burn articulating hot water arm
- All stainless construction (including the frame)
- Large removable drip tray (includes option to drain if desired)
- PID controller for the group boiler (with 1.0 degree fahrenheit adjustment)
- PID controller also controls the steam boiler temperature (and thus pressure)
- Heavy duty steam and hot water valves
- Vacuum Breaker Valve that diverts steam back to water tank
- Rotary pump
- OPV Valve also routes water back to drip try, not back to the tank
The reservoir is the water tank an espresso machine pulls water from to fill its boilers. Having a reservoir means a machine can be more portable and work in homes where plumbing isn't an option.
Direct plumbing means you can hook a machine directly a water line and never have to worry about refilling your reservoir again. These machines also allow you to connect the drip tray to a drain so you don't have to make that tightrope walk to the sink.
E61 Group Head
The E61 group head was designed in 1961; the fact that it's still around speaks to its reliability. This style of group head allows for mechanical pre-infusion while also exuding romantic espresso machine style.
These machines are built from the ground up with the home barista in mind. They span a wide range of needs but what they all have in common is a focus on creating a great user experience in a footprint that will fit on your counter, and look great there too.
Dedicated temperature controlled boilers for brewing and steaming means both functions can happen simultaneously, with the additional advantage of fine tunability. Sour and bitter espresso flavors can be minimized by raising or lowering brew temperature, resulting in a smoother shot. Adjusting the temperature of the steam boiler can increase or decrease the amount of steam power to suit different drink size milk drinks.
The rotary vane pump offers whisper quiet performance just like your favorite cafe’s machine. This super robust design also allows plumb-ability.
PID Temperature Control
PIDs allow the most precise temperature adjustment and control of boilers by continuously calculating the amount of power needed to maintain the target temperature. They also allow more detailed information to be displayed to the user than digital temperature controlled systems.
Shot timers measure the brew time from the time the pump is activated. This information is extremely helpful for dialing in an espresso grinder to the ideal 25 second 1.5oz shot, and maintaining consistency.
Switchable Water Source
A switchable machine is not limited to either a water reservoir or plumbing. Large water reservoirs are always available for portability, but the plumbing line is also included and switching the water source between them is a breeze.
- Width: 14.25"
- Depth: 17.25"
- Height: 16.50"
- Weight: 72 lbs.
- Steam boiler: 1.8L / 1200 Watts
- Group boiler: 0.8L / 800 Watts
- Water reservoir: 3L
- 110 volt