Rancilio Silvia M Espresso Machine
The Silvia is well regarded for its durability and simplicity and is an excellent choice for an entry-level espresso machine.
Stock available. Ships out of Connecticut within 48 hours.
30-day "love it"
Give us a call
with our staff
Silvia is a solid, compact machine offering reliability, clean design, and few plastic parts. With a little bit of practice you’ll be pulling beautiful, thick espresso shots with ease.
This remarkable machine delivers impressive quality normally seen on much more expensive models. It features a brass boiler, with a brass group head and portafilter. The polished stainless steel housing envelops a sturdy iron frame.
Silvia lets out a rambunctious yet smooth hiss of steam that is easily controlled with a perfectly positioned knob. It’s easy to steam up billowing, velvety micro-foam for macchiato or cappuccino. The commercial style steam wand is solid and easy to clean with a wet towel.
The Silvia is a genuine work-horse, with a simple, easy to clean Italian design. To minimize mess, a 3-way solenoid valve relieves residual water pressure from the brew head and moves it to the drip tray. This means the excess moisture is pulled from the portafilter, leaving a solid espresso puck.
- Double spout 58 mm ergonomic commercial portafilter
- Two portafilter inserts (one single & one double)
- Plastic tamper
- Coffee scoop
- One year manufacturer warranty
- Adjustable expansion valve (set the maximum brew pressure you desire)
- Commercial articulating steam wand with new 1 hole steam tip
- Contoured steam knob
- Wrapped boiler for energy efficiency
- Espresso cups kept on top of the Silvia will be kept at optimum temperature through radiant heat
- Hot water can be dispensed through the steam wand for rinsing and pre-heating cups.
Single boiler espresso machines take significantly less time than most dual boilers and heat exchangers, in a more cost effective and compact footprint. Steaming milk requires waiting for the machine to heat up to steam mode. But single boilers can be a great fit for those that only drink straight espresso or only make occasional milk drinks.
Vibratory pumps are the most common design in compact espresso machines, because they’re durable, compact and economical. Although they’re a bit louder than rotary pumps, when adjusted to proper 9 bar brew pressure vibratory pumps offer comparable espresso quality.
- Width: 9.25"
- Depth: 11.5"
- Height: 13.75"
- Weight: 35 lbs.
- Brew boiler: .35L / 952 Watts
- Water reservoir: 2.2L
- Voltage: 110V
- Amperage: 15A