What is it?
The Breville Dose Control Pro is a dedicated home espresso grinder with 40mm conical steel burrs. It uses an electronic timer based dosing system, stepped adjustment, and has a hands-free portafilter holder.
Who is it for?
For the coffee lover who is just getting started with an entry level home espresso setup. You want something that’s simple, easy to use, and won’t be a big commitment to a craft you’re just getting your bearings in. That said, your first espresso grinder still has to help you learn all the core principles of pulling great shots at home.
Why do we carry it?
There aren’t many grinders that can grind fine enough, and with enough consistency, for espresso below the $300. The Breville Dose Control Pro fills that gap in the market. While it doesn’t have the features or bulletproof reliability of some of our top picks for an entry level grinder, it does offer beginners the chance to get started without making a huge gamble. That in an of itself makes it a stand out espresso grinder, but it’s also dead easy to dial in and quite easy to keep clean, all while looking quite nice on your countertop.
- 40mm conical steel burrs
- 60 precise grind settings from fine espresso to coarse french press grind
- Removable grinds catcher tray for over-spills
- All parts in contact with coffee beans are BPA-free
- Includes: 50-54mm and 58mm portafilter cradles; The Adjustable Razor (levels the puck for consistent extraction) in all 3 portafilter sizes
- 1-year limited manufacturer warranty
- Height: 13.5"
- Width: 6"
- Depth: 8"
- Weight: 10 lbs
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 130W
- Bean hopper capacity: 12 oz