Clive Coffee and Coffee School present: Advanced Espresso, a self-paced online course designed specifically for you, the home barista.
What you'll learn:
- Understanding extraction and strength
- How to measure TDS and find your extraction percentage
- Espresso rules and recipes — what's important
- How to determine and avoid channeling
- How to best utilize pre-infusion
- How your coffee bag can make you a better barista
- Grind retention, single dosing, purging, and all things grinders
Upon signing up for Coffee School, you'll be sent an invitation to create an account on our learning platform, Teachable. Once you're in, you can begin working through the course at your own pace. The course includes ninety minutes of in-depth video instruction, practice sheets, and alternative resources. This course never expires; it is yours to keep forever! If you are unsatisfied with the course for any reason, contact us, and we'll make it right!
Want to learn more? Explore the course.
We recommend the following tools:
- An espresso machine
- A burr grinder
- Several bags of whole bean coffee (5-10 days off roast)
- Tamping mat (optional)
- Scale (that measures in grams)
- Shot glasses or demitasse cups (6-7)
- A microfiber towel
- Knock box (optional)
- A spoon