Clive Coffee and Coffee School present: Water 101 with Third Wave Water, a self-paced online course designed specifically for you, the home barista.
What you'll learn:
- What is in water
- What coffee needs in water
- What coffee makers and espresso machines need in water
- How to measure four factors in water
- Water options for various brewing methods
What you’ll need:
- TDS Meter
- Hardness test strip or Titration test kit
- pH meter or test strips
- Chlorine test strip
- Salinity tester
- One gallon of Distilled Water (other options: reverse osmosis water, de-ionized water, filtered zero water)
- Third Wave Water mineral packets based on your type of coffee and brewing method. Take a quick survey to discover which is best for you.
This course is intended for brewing coffee with manual brew methods and espresso machines. We do not discuss all brands for all categories of filters or meters mentioned. The tools above are optional and only needed if you wish to test your water and try filtering and softening options. You can complete the course without any of the materials listed above.
What to expect:
Upon signing up for Coffee School, you'll be sent an invitation to create an account on our learning platform, Teachable. Once you're in, you can begin working through the course at your own pace. The course includes twenty-minutes of in-depth video instruction and never expires. If you are unsatisfied with the course for any reason, contact us, and we'll make it right!
Want to learn more? Explore the course.