What is it?
The Compak E5 is a dedicated home espresso grinder with 58mm flat steel burrs. This burr grinder uses a digital timed dosing system, has a stepless adjustment system, and a hands-free portafilter holder.
Who is it for?
Those who require near-commercial quality performance in their home espresso setup. That said, you do need it to fit under your cabinets. Oh, and it can’t wake up the whole family when you get up in the morning. You also want super precise adjustment to ensure that you can dial in your shot just how you want them. Plus, enough power and timed dosing so that you can pump out a half dozen of them when friends and family are over.
Why do we carry it?
In the realm of prosumer home espresso grinders, the Compak E5 stands… short. Really, the best thing about it is that it has similar burr size and motor power to its high-end competition, but it stands at just over 16”, making it one of the best options that’ll fit under just about any cabinets. Its second best trait is that it’s actually fairly quiet compared to its competition, making it a great option for those that want perfectly extracted espresso but have family who doesn’t want to hear about it. Though it may not sound as aggressive as its competition its grind speed is, with an 18g dose taking just over five seconds.
- 58mm flat steel burr grinder
- Stepless micrometrical grind adjustment with parallel locking system
- LCD touch screen operation
- Multi-language display
- 3 Modes: Pre-selection - Automatic - Instant
- Universal adjustable height portafilter holder
- Electronic cooling fan
- Three positions switch with by-pass
- 1-year parts and labor warranty provided by Clive Coffee
- Height: 16.5"
- Width: 6.25"
- Depth: 15"
- Weight: 20 lbs
- Voltage: 110V
- Power: 550W
- Burr speed: 1370 RPM
- Bean hopper capacity: 300 grams (short hopper)
- Grind speed: 18 grams in 5.5 seconds