Baratza Forte BG Coffee Grinder
A small commercial burr grinder designed for manual or batch brewing.
30-day "love it"
Give us a call
with our staff
The Forté is a small commercial burr grinder that offers a consistent grind for both the home and cafe. Featuring a beautiful glass touch screen, the Forte features a substantial solid metal hosing that gives it remarkable heft. It features an improved portafilter holder,scale, and hopper design.
The Forté is available in two configurations. The Forté-AP (All Purpose grinder) can grind from coarse to fine and comes with a 54mm flat ceramic burr, grounds bin for use when grinding by weight, plus a portaholder for use when grinding directly to your portafilter. The Forté-BG (Brew Grinder) is designed for manual or batch brewing and comes with a 54mm flat steel burr and a grounds bin.
- Beautiful glass touch screen. We found it to be intuitive and very easy to use. You can grind by weight, then toggle over with one click to see the precise time it took to grind that weight of coffee. It’s lightning fast and the colors and layout are very pleasing. It felt expensive.
- Substantial solid zinc housing. This grinder is heavy, and the quality of the all metal housing gives it remarkable heft.
- Nice new hopper design. The rotating chute “stopper hopper” is strong enough to slice through any coffee beans that get in the way. It also scoops very closely to the actual burrs, leaving very few coffee beans left in the grinder.
- Improved portafilter holder. The new solid zinc portafilter holder is a major upgrade from the current models.
- Warranty: Limited Warranty is 1 year or 50 hours of cumulative motor run time, whichever comes first.
- 54 mm steel burrs by Ditting
- 240 Watts
- 1950 RPM
- 10 macro, , 26 micro grind settings
- Powerful DC motor
- Designed by Baratza in Italy
- Heavy duty commercial grade 54 mm flat burrs
Doserless grinders dispense coffee directly into the portafilter. When combined with a grind timer, this design improves coffee freshness, consistency and minimizes waste.
These grinders can eliminate the variable of how much coffee is ground by controlling grind time or grind weight. For espresso, once grind volume is set, simply adjust the grind gradually finer or courser to create that perfect 25 second 1.5oz espresso shot. Not only can this ease the learning curve and greatly improve consistency of espresso shots, it also improves cleanliness by letting you dispense exactly the amount of coffee you want.
Stepped adjustment is incremental with defined “clicks” to indicate changes. The size of the grind adjustment depends on the model, but some models offer nearly infinite adjustment for fine tuning espresso shots, while some offer easier all purpose adjustment between drip coffee, French press, etc. Visual markers for adjustment can simplify the learning curve with a chart of recommended settings for various brew methods.
- Width: 5"
- Depth: 7"
- Height: 14"
- Weight: 13 lbs.
- Capacity: 10 ounce bean hopper
- Voltage: 120V