Clive is an enthusiast coffee online retailer, focused on high-end home espresso machines. We are obsessed with delivering a better consumer experience - demystifying coffee so that aspiring home baristas can enjoy the best tools of the trade, without all of the attitude. It is a high-energy (caffeinated), entrepreneurial-type place. We look for individuals who are passionate about growing along with us.
Our portfolio brands include: MistoBox, Coffee School, Black Rabbit, and LUCCA.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help build upon one of the most popular and customizable Coffee Subscription services around: Mistobox. Ideally you are comfortable with everything from frontend pixel tweaking in SASS, building performant web apps in VueJS and Angular, to managing services and ingresses in Kubernetes. You’re familiar with keeping an eye and continuing improvement on SEO and page speed scores. This position will be responsible for all development needs, including but not limited to: e-commerce websites, web applications, API integrations, and mobile app development.
- Successful internal collaboration experience with internal marketing, customer experience, and development teams, skills with gathering requirements and offering suggestions/ideas.
- Ability to communicate strong opinions effectively, listening to all sides of a debate and adapting to new perspectives that emerge.
- Drive for simplicity in solutions and code.
- Collaborate well with front-end developer(s) to help produce quality UX to keep code-standards up-to-par.
- Deadline oriented, and able to flex with changing priorities.
- Sufficient experience and knowledge of various platforms, frameworks, and libraries to understand the pros and cons of each, ability to evaluate the best solution for the requirements.
- Confidence working with APIs to create integrations between 3rd party services.
- You must have excellent written and spoken English skills.
Technical Experience and Proficiencies Required:
- Advanced to expert experience with Magento and Magento API
- Shopify Plus experience is preferred
- Advanced front-end development skills: VueJS, Angular, (P)HTML, CSS, JS
- Backend development languages: PHP (Magento), NodeJS (Express)
- Responsible for version control (Github) and command-line tools (build, deploy)
- MongoDB (indexing, query optimization)
- Redis and asynchronous task queues
- Docker/Kubernetes cluster management
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
Reports to: CEO, Mistobox
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent Position
Benefits: PTO, Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance, 401(k) match, great product discounts, amazing coffee
To take the next step, please email your cover letter, resume, work examples and a little about your interest in working at Clive.