What is it?
The Baratza Sette 270 is a dedicated home espresso grinder with 40mm conical steel burrs. This burr grinder uses a digital timed dosing system and a combination stepped and stepless grind adjustment system.
Who is it for?
For the home barista who wants a grinder designed for a home barista. Something that fits your space and your budget without sacrificing where it counts: quality, ease of use, and reliability. You want the ability to get repeatable shots from your favorite blend and then mix it up by single dosing a few different single origin coffees in a row, all with minimal waste and delicious shots of espresso.
Why do we carry it?
The Sette 270 is the best single dosing espresso grinder we’ve ever used, full stop. It’s also the easiest to clean. It’s designed for home baristas first, not adapted from a commercial design, which is why it has so many features we treasure. It works perfectly well with a full hopper, providing consistent doses using its timed dose system, but it truly shines when used for single dosing. Over a one month period, we used the Baratza Sette 270 to single dose with 11 different coffees without ever touching the adjustment dials, and got perfect shots with every single one. It’s this absurd consistency and ease of use that led us to have four in our classroom space for our Home Barista Classes. Whatever your home espresso needs may be, the Sette 270 burr grinder will help you pull consistent and brilliant espresso shots that are as good in a cappuccino as they are straight.
- 40mm conical steel burr grinder (burrs by Etzinger)
- Stepped macro and micro adjustments
- 3 programmable settings for dosing
- Grind directly into a portafilter or the supplied anti-static grounds bin
- Safety Listing UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Designed and engineered in Seattle, WA
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Height: 15.75"
- Width: 4.5"
- Depth: 9.5"
- Weight: 7 lbs (3.2 kg)
- Bean hopper capacity: 10 oz (300-400 g)
- Grounds bin capacity: 5.5 oz (160g)
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 290W
- Grind speed: 3.5 g/s (espresso) - 5.5 g/s (manual brewing)