What is it?
The Baratza Vario is an all-purpose home coffee grinder with 54mm flat ceramic burrs. It has a digital timed dosing system, dual stepped adjustment, and a hands-free portafilter holder as well as a grounds bin.
Who is it for?
For the home coffee enthusiast who will never be satisfied with just one brewing method. You switch back and forth between espresso and drip coffee, mixing in a few other brew methods to keep things interesting. You need one grinder that can keep up with your wildly varying demands without skipping a beat, and while providing deliciously consistent results across the spectrum. No, you’re not asking too much.
Why do we carry it?
Before the Vario, a grinder that was truly adept at all-purpose coffee grinding, switching between espresso, drip coffee, and french press with ease, just didn’t exist. At all. Baratza’s unique perspective, being a coffee grinder company that almost exclusively caters to the home market, made that void glaringly obvious. Years after its release the Vario still dominates this category. Even if you were to grade the Vario solely on its merits as an espresso grinder, it would get high marks. Great consistency, easy to clean, low retention, and its ceramic burrs reducing mitigating heat. But it ranks just as high as a coffee grinder for any other purpose. The real question here is: how could we not carry it?
- 54mm flat ceramic burr
- Accurate grind for any style of coffee
- Digital time-based grinding system
- Includes a grounds bin and a metal porta-holder
- LCD touch-screen user interface
- Three programmable buttons
- 10 macro/20 micro steps for 230 individual settings
- Powerful, high torque DC motor
- Includes a calibration tool and removable burrs for easy cleaning
- Designed by Baratza in Seattle
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Height: 14.1"
- Width: 5.1"
- Depth: 7"
- Weight: 9 pounds
- Voltage: 110V
- Burr speed: 1350 RPM
- Bean hopper capacity: 8 oz
- Grounds bin capacity: 8 oz
- Grind speed: 1.6 - 2.2 g/sec
- Grind range: 230 to 1150 microns