Espresso Machine Technician - Portland, OR
The Espresso Machine Technician will diagnose and troubleshoot home espresso machine issues over the phone with customers, and repair machines in-house. This position is imperative for customer satisfaction and a critical component of the workflow within Clive’s Tech Department. With growing sets of processes, this position requires a knack for problem-solving, organization, and follow-through, along with a working understanding of online invoicing and inventory platforms.
We are looking for a hardworking, team-oriented person who can provide an excellent customer experience remotely, and can also perform hands-on repairs in an accurate and timely manner. This position is for a problem solver with a desire to create a stellar customer experience.
- FTE: Full Time
- Schedule: Variable within regular business hours
- Location: Portland, OR
- Pay range: $18 - $20 per hour
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Benefits: Eligible for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401(k) with matching, two weeks paid time off, six paid holidays, employee discounts, specialty coffee on-site, a relaxed dress code, and a dog-friendly office.
- Reports to Tech Manager
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required
Areas of Responsibility & Accountability:
Phone and Email Support
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues with home espresso machines and grinders over the phone and via email
- Navigate online parts diagrams and knowledge base in order to find the best solutions quickly
- De-escalation of customer issues
- Provide friendly, educational support to both experienced and new customers
- Ability to track and document issues and their status in the company’s CRM
- Troubleshooting and resolving machine and grinder issues in the tech department accurately
- Properly invoicing customers for billable repairs
- Maintaining inventory accuracy by tracking usage in the inventory system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort working in an online environment
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Our ideal candidate has experience working on espresso machines either in a professional or enthusiast setting, and any coffee experience is a plus.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent)
To take the next step, please email email@example.com with a resume and a little about your interest in working at Clive.