What is it?
The Profitec Pro 500 is a heat exchanger espresso machine with a large 2-liter steam boiler, an E61 group head, and a surprisingly quiet vibratory pump. It also has a PID tucked away behind the drip tray.
Who is it for?
The Pro 500 is for the latte lovers out there who want a couple perfectly smooth 16oz lattes in the morning in less time than it takes to brush their teeth. When you have guests this espresso machine's temperature stability and bottomless steam power won't leave your guests' cappuccinos in the cold.
Why do we carry it?
The Pro 500 is the first heat exchanger we ever fell in love with here at Clive. We came for the steam power, but we stayed for the temperature stability and flawless design. In testing, we've found that you can pull in excess of 6 double shots on this thing without it dipping below 198°F. If that doesn't blow you away, just know that it should. When it comes to those that love steamed milk drinks and want to pull shots of espresso for their guests, there's no easier recommendation.
- Double-spouted commercial portafilter
- Single-spouted commercial portafilter
- Single basket
- Double basket
- Blind basket
- Two hole steam tip
- Cleaning brush
- Home Barista Starter Kit (courtesy of Clive)
- Three-year parts and labor Warranty provided by Clive Coffee
- PID controlled heat exchanger
- E61 brew-group
- Boiler and pump pressure gauges
- High-end, 'no-burn' steam and hot water wands
- Automatic shut-off by way of low water volume sensor
- Removeable cup tray
- Boiler: Stainless steel, 2L
- Reservoir: 3L with low water sensor, BPA Free
- Drip tray: 32oz