What is it?
The Baratza Encore ESP is a dedicated home espresso grinder with 40mm stainless steel M2 conical burrs. With 20 stepped adjustments for espresso and 20 adjustments for filter coffee, the Baratza ESP makes fine-tuning a breeze for dialing those perfect shots of espresso and pour-overs. It includes a 54mm anti-static dosing cup with a 58mm adapter for larger portafilters.
Who is it for?
For the budding coffee enthusiast, the absolute beginner, the money cruncher, and for a coffee lover who desires a no-nonsense grinding experience. Consistency is Baratza’s motto, so if you’re into pulling back-to-back shots with ease, the ESP is the grinder for you.
Why does it stand out?
The original Encore is often the key that opens the door to a lifetime love affair with specialty coffee, yet the Encore lacked a suitable range for making home espresso. Baratza’s new ESP rectifies this by pairing consistent grounds distribution with the most affordable price on the market. The grinder also boasts more durable metal internals, ensuring that the grinder will last for many years to come, low grind retention, and a high torque DC motor—spinning the conical burrs at 550rpm—reducing static and heat during grinding.
- 40mm M2 conical burrs
- Dual range adjustment systems
- 20 settings for grind adjustment
- 20 settings for fine tune adjustment
- Powerful DC motor
- Brushed satin, cast metal top and base
- Front-mounted pulse button
- Removable burrs for easy cleaning
- Designed by Baratza in Seattle
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Height: 13.78"
- Width: 4.72"
- Depth: 6.3"
- Weight: 7 lbs
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 120W
- Burr speed: 550 RPM
- Bean hopper capacity: 8 oz
- Grounds bin capacity: 5 oz
- Grind speed: 1.5/g to 2.4g/sec (depending on the setting)