The Forté-BG (Brew Grinder) comes with a 54mm flat steel burr producing an accurate medium to coarse grind, delivering exceptional cup quality for brew methods from french press to drip. The steel burrs were specifically designed to reduce the fines, enhancing flavor in the cup.
The BG features a beautiful and intuitive glass touch screen, solid micro/macro adjustment and is constructed of all metal -- giving it remarkable heft. A unique feature of this machine is the ability to convert a dose from weight to time. You can grind by weight, toggle over with one click to see the precise time it took to grind, and then save the resulting weight as a timed measurement.
The removable hopper has an innovative bean shutoff feature which makes changing out beans easy, mess-free and with very little bean waste. The hopper holds approximately 10 ounces (300g) of coffee, but a hopper extension is available that can add an additional 9 ounces (250g) of capacity.
- 54mm flat steel burrs
- Steel burrs engineered to produce an evener particle distribution and less fines
- Ideal for pour-over, batch, or home brewers
- Built-in electronic scale for accurate grind weights
- Weighs to within +/- 0.2 g while grinding
- LCD touch-screen user interface
- Three programmable buttons
- 10 macro/26 micro grind settings for 260 steps of adjustments for all brewing styles
- Removable hopper with bean shutoff for easy bean swap out
- Powerful, high torque DC motor
- Includes a calibration tool and a zinc burr removal tool for easy cleaning
- Designed by Baratza in Seattle
- Warranty: 1 year or 50 hours of cumulative motor run time, whichever comes first
- Height: 14.1"
- Width: 5.1"
- Depth: 7"
- Weight: 13 pounds
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 240W
- Burr speed: 1950 RPM
- Bean hopper capacity: 10oz
- Grounds bin capacity: 6 oz
- Grind speed: 1.2 - 2.4 g/sec
- Grind range: 230 to 1150 microns