What is it?
The Baratza Sette 270W is a dedicated home espresso grinder with 40mm conical steel burrs. It has time and weight-based dosing systems, and a combination stepped and stepless grind adjustment system.
Who is it for?
The home barista who wants to make accurate, perfectly dialed shots easy. You want the consistency of weight-based measurements but aren’t too keen on the idea of weighing doses. You also want something with a small footprint that’s easy to clean.
Why don’t we carry it?
The Sette 270W is a great idea on paper. We spend a lot of time emphasizing the importance of weight-based dosing with espresso grinders, so a grinder that does it for you sounds like a dream. Unfortunately, we found the 270W’s doses to be quite inconsistent. It would frequently stop a dose, saying it had reached the proper weight but upon inspection, it would actually have come up a few grams short. Since this functionality didn’t perform quite as planned, we recommend the standard Sette 270 to our customers. We love the thing, and you can save a chunk of change to spend a fancy scale you’ll really enjoy.
- 40mm conical steel burrs by Etzinger
- Built-in scale for dosing my time or weight
- 30 macro steps and 9 micro steps for easy adjustments
- Grind directly into a portafilter, the supplied grounds bin, or most of the popular brewing devices
- Designed and engineered in Seattle, WA
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Height: 15.75"
- Width: 4.5"
- Depth: 9.5"
- Weight: 7lbs (3.2 kg)
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 290W
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 10 oz (300-400 g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5.5 oz (160g)
- Grind speed: 3.5 g/s (espresso) or 5.5 g/s (manual brewing)