What is it?
The Baratza Virtuoso is a dedicated home coffee grinder with 40mm conical steel burrs. It has an analog timed-grind dial, stepped adjustment, and a grounds bin.
Who is it for?
For the drip coffee and french press lover who takes their brews very seriously. You want a grinder that will make it easy to get repeatable, delicious pots of coffee or batches of pour over with adjustments that are easy to remember and switch between. You also need something that looks respectable and fits into your kitchen.
Why do we carry it?
The Baratza Virtuoso represents Baratza’s effort to make the best home coffee grinder for pour over to french press and everything in between. If you ask anyone in the coffee industry, they’ll tell you that Baratza achieved that goal. We carry it because it offers the same ease of use and grind consistency that you get with the Baratza Encore, but with a little bump in terms of power. This makes it a bit quicker and less prone to jams. Plus, its improved casing makes it a bit quieter than its little brother. All in all, if you need a home coffee grinder for everything but espresso, the Virtuoso could be the last one you ever buy.
- 40mm conical steel burrs
- High-performance burr set reduces the fines in all levels of grind
- 40 settings for grind adjustment
- Powerful DC motor (6.0 amp max)
- Brushed satin, cast metal top and base
- Variable timer switch with clear gradations for repeatable duration
- Front mounted pulse button
- Removable burrs for easy cleaning
- Designed by Baratza in Seattle
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Height: 14"
- Width: 5"
- Depth: 6"
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 180W
- Burr speed: 550 RPM
- Bean hopper capacity: 8 oz
- Grounds bin capacity: 5 oz
- Grind speed: 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec depending on the setting
- Grind range: 250 to 1200 microns