Instead of thin plastic parts and unnecessary electronic gadgetry, the Technivorm KBG-741 is built solidly and simply, featuring an on/off switch and a heat plate switch. This coffee maker brews a full 40oz pot of coffee in six minutes. The coffee is then held on a unique hot plate which is designed to roll the heat into the coffee. The heat plate also has two settings: a lower setting that keeps the coffee reasonably hot, and a higher setting for those that demand their coffee scalding (you know you do). It also features an automatic drip-stop brew-basket that stops the flow of coffee if the carafe is pulled away.
The Moccamaster was built to deliver water more evenly, and brew at the proper temperature and rate to ensure a fantastic cup. The cult following that this little coffee maker has developed speaks volumes for its build quality and the coffee it makes. We've tested the other, more cheaply built machines out there, and they generally make bitter, flat coffee. The KBG will brew your coffee the way it should be brewed, producing a clean, nuanced, and flavorful cup of coffee. All Moccamaster Coffee Brewers are handmade in the Netherlands and backed by an industry-leading 5-year warranty.
- Pre-immersion drip-style system ensures the perfect coffee bloom
- Glass carafe
- Automatic drip-stop brew basket
- Hot plate with a holding temperature of 175 or 185 degrees Fahrenheit and auto shut off at 100 minutes
- Quiet brew cycle
- Brews 40 oz in under 6 minutes
- Copper boiling element that heats water to between 196 and 205 degrees Fahrenheit
- Made of durable metal housings and BPA/BPS/BPF & Phthalate free plastics
- Hand wash
- Use with cone #4 paper filters
- Handmade in the Netherlands
- ECBC & SCA approved to meet and exceed Gold Cup
- 5-year warranty
- Height: 14"
- Width: 12.8"
- Depth: 6.5"
- Weight: 6 pounds
- Volts: 120V
- Watts: 1475W