What is it?
The Profitec Pro 400 is a small, heat exchanger espresso machine with pre-infusion, a vibratory pump, and an E61 group head that runs off an internal reservoir.
Who is it for?
The reliability, build quality, and features of the Pro 400 make it a great first or second espresso machine for the coffee enthusiast. If you're tight on space, want something with lots of power to make several lattes, and hope to delve into the world of pre-infusion and espresso recipe building, this is a great place to start or a respectable upgrade from a single boiler or consumer espresso machine.
Why do we carry it?
We trust Profitec with our life — or, at least with our espresso. This machine is unlike any other heat exchanger machine we carry because of its toggle switch that allows you to activate pre-infusion and ECO mode. It packs a lot of power in a small footprint and lets you customize the gauges for a pop of color to match your kitchen, mood, or general aesthetic.
- Stainless steel 58mm tamper
- Single-spouted portafilter
- Double-spouted portafilter
- Single basket
- Double basket
- Cleaning brush
- Backflush blank
- 3 pairs of colored valve disclets
- Water test strip
- Home Barista Starter Kit (courtesy of Clive)
- Coffee School: Intro to Espresso (courtesy of Clive)
- 3-year parts and labor warranty provided by Clive Coffee
- Manufactured near Heidelberg, Germany
- Heat exchanger system
- E61 brew-group with stainless steel mushroom
- 3 preset modes for water and steam temperature
- Switchable pre-infusion
- ECO mode
- Adjustable expansion valve
- Dual gauge for boiler and pump pressure
- Vibratory pump
- Automatic low water volume shut-off
- Low-wear rotary valve
- Removable cup tray
- 1.6L stainless steel, insulated boiler
- Reservoir: 2.8L, BPA Free